Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: New!  Following the events of Entropy, Buffy's feelings for Spike start manifesting in a way that could possibly be fatal.
A Gift For: SomeKindOfADeviant
Betas: simmony Tessa
Banner Art By: Lady Emma
Categories: Season 6, Challenge Response, Episode Rewrite
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Anya, Dawn, Tara, Willow
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Adult Language, Other Mental Health Issues
Challenges: Choking on Longing: A Hanahaki AU (Author's Choice)
Completed: No Chapters: 1
Word count: 2,113 Hit Count: 21 ePub Downloads: 0
Published: 04/30/24 Updated: 04/30/24


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

Story Notes: I started this fic last year in response to Syn's wonderful Hanahaki challenge, and then completely stalled on it, so I was very excited to pick it back up for challenge month this year. Then April completely got away from me. So this is NOT a WIP. It's just a two-parter, lol.
Thanks so much to Syn for the challenge, sharing the amazing artwork that inspired the story in so many ways and all the resources way back when I started this thing. Thanks so much to Tessa for the first read throughs back then, and to simmony for talking me through getting back into it and the serious beta read.
The illustration used within the banner and the story artwork is by JieXi Tan and can be found here. The text used in the story artwork is from the Fanlore.org page on Hanahaki Disease with some minor edits for context. The title comes from the poem "And Thou Art Dead As Young and Fair" by Lord Byron.

1. Part 1 by Lady Emma - Likes: 6 Comments: 2 Word Count: 2,113 Hit Count: 21 Published: 04/30/24

Set after "Entropy" and includes some events from the beginning of "Seeing Red".